Monday, October 22, 2018

Transformative drawing

Artist Statement: For my transformation drawings, I really wanted to step out of my comfort zone, and be able to experiment with different types of medium. In the first week, I chose to experiment with chalk. The abstraction along with the choice of colors inspired me to draw on a larger scale. The second week I used black and red acrylic paint. I was heavily inspired by scientific studies such as the amoeba. The week after that I covered the piece with spray paint gesso, giving the surface a rough texture, and began to use emerald green ink. I have inspired by linguistic relativity and wanted that to show. As I began to get tired of 2D surfaces, I chose to cut it. Organic shapes are shown weekly in my drawings, and it is visibly in my choice of shapes that I cut, and stack on top of each other. The last week, I cut them up again, and weaved them back together. I was inspired by one of my classmates pieces, for that she is very into weaving and textiles.

Research:

https://www.clevescene.com/scene-and-heard/archives/2016/11/11/11-reasons-why-arrival-is-the-best-film-of-the-year

https://www.canstockphoto.com/amoeba-isolated-on-black-background-49953440.html


http://free-form-stitching.blogspot.com/2016/09/new-leaf-freeform-project.html

Title: Abstraction with Color
Medium: Water color, chalk pastel, and transfer paper
Size: "42 x 36"



Title: Amoeba
Medium: Gesso and acrylic paint
Size: "42 x 36"



Title: Linguistic Relativity
Medium: Gesso and ink
Size: "42 x 36"





Title: Space Race
Medium: Gesso, ink and tape
Size: "20 x 15"

















Title: Form in Space
Medium: Gesso, ink, tape, acrylic paint, and string
Size: "26 x 19"



No comments:

Post a Comment

Short and Long Term Projects Artwork # 1 Ephemeral Marks: Updated Ephemeral Drawing Title: Flowers in the Wind Medium: Palm and f...